Bonga
I can't sleep, I was diagnosed with depression, dawa zikaisha and I can't afford therapy. So I am off meds and my life is a mess. I am also unemployed and nimejaribu vibarua nimekosa. The antidepressants are not cheap so I am just left to live one day at a time. I don't know how long I can do this 
  Published  27th Nov 2019 at 5:10 pm

Life does throw us some wild cards and most of us are indeed living a day at a time. Sometimes we can easily let our struggles define us and yet we are bigger and stronger than they are. You reaching out its one of the markers of strength. Keep talking it out, do some light exercises or go for a brisk walk, try and hang out with people who make you laugh (or watch funny videos - works for me) a day at a time.... Don't hesitate to ask for help - you are not alone

Published  27th Nov 2019 at 7:26 pm

let's start with the main issue. I don't know how much effort you are putting in the job hunt? I feel you need to address that job issue because it may be the root cause of the depression. Being out of job can be stressful, you have some needs to meet but you are financially handicap. So you need to set goals or what to do about the job hunt. I know it is a challenge but you need to work on those negative thoughts, however, those negative thoughts you feed yourself with daily are the cause of the low mood you find yourself. Improve on your thoughts and be optimistic about life despite the challenges at the moment, your mood will improve. improve on your diet. do more on Zinc essential nutrient(Food). sleep and mood are intimately related. Work on your thoughts and improve on your sleep. lastly, You need to create a social support network with trusted friends and family members. You need to talk about what you are going through with someone. if you need help, we are available to givee a helping hand. We care for your well-Being!

Published  28th Nov 2019 at 9:55 am
A
AdrianChiromo Lane Medical Centre - Psychologist
Hello, thank you for reaching out.
We are very sorry to hear what you have been going through, managing mental health can be challenging and the cost quite high( unfortunately). 
With regards to psychological care, the KNH youth clinic offers free services and a good number of public hospitals have counselors who offer their services at a subsidized rate. (Amani counselling Centre is a private one that does). These same public hospitals also have antidepressants that are less expensive compared as to buying from private chemists. Give this a try and feel free to get back to us. All the best
  Published  28th Nov 2019 at 11:32 am
Joseph KinyanjuiCounseling Psychologist
Depression stems from some of the things you are telling yourself.  Maybe you are telling yourself that you are useless because you do not have a job and can't have one. It is important you change your mental outlook.  Find something to be grateful about however minuscule.  For example, that you are breathing, that you are able to write to Bonga, anything!  It does not matter how small.  Take it moment by moment.  It is not possible to be depressed and grateful and the same time.  So initially, it will be difficult but if you hang in there moment by moment, you will begin to feel the change and your depression will begin to lift.  Focus on what is working and not what is not.
  Published  29th Nov 2019 at 4:59 pm