Bonga

I have not slept in a couple of weeks and it is weighing me down. I am working to make ends meet but my parents think i am just playing around and this should look for a job. They think that i can never do anything correctly and that they should tell me what to do. I am an adult but my mum especially, wants to run my life. Any money I make she feels should be spent on her. She tells everyone that i am just sitted at home waiting for her to feed me. I have resorted to keeping quiet to just maintain the peace, though this hurts me inside. I am not well but I can't even mention coz it makes no difference if I did or not. I just want to move out of home and get my own place and have peace of mind and heart. My heart is constantly pulsating coz I live in fear of what might be said. This is the worst feeling to be honest. Living in fear at home where you are meant to be free and open. I don't have a space to freely express myself. So many thinks have been said to me that i can't even repeat coz they are nasty and should never be told to a child by a parent.

Published  4th Sep 2019 at 7:23 am
Hey...hope you're doing well today. Thanks for sharing your story. Culturally, parents develop expectations  of us because  they feel like we need to do something  constructive  about  our lives. But sometimes  those expectations can come with an uncontrollable  pressure that can be so debilitating and suffocating. The truth of the matter is that we need to work on our own personal  expectations and goals. Being aware of ones potential and abilities is crucial because  it allows one to confidently navigate through daily challenges we're subjected to. You need to be more confident in yourself even if things aren't  working the way you want them to. I empathize  with your current  feelings because you have tried so hard to prove yourself worthy  of your parent's expectations. Don't feel bad about it, there's  so much  about  yourself that you need to embrace. If you can be able to book an appointment with a therapist  then that would be effective. 
  Published  4th Sep 2019 at 11:48 am

I'm sorry for what you're going through buddy. I don't think you should continue taking the insults because it can lead to unwelcome consequences when they burst. The little money you're making can help you start out on your own. May be it's time you start living for yourself, without the pressures of your parents. This definitely won't go well with them but it reaches a time when one ought to do what's best for them.If you can afford a therapist, it'll be good start. Good luck.

Published  4th Sep 2019 at 10:27 pm

Am in the same situation as you. Only difference is I don't have a job yet. Am drowning but no one cares. My brother's and sisters all have their lives to live how they see fit but as for me? Hm am a little fuck up for them. Keep your chin high. Don't be scared of venturing out on your own. All will be well

Published  5th Sep 2019 at 10:13 am
A
AdrianChiromo Lane Medical Centre - Psychologist
Hi anonymous, 
Sorry about what your going through .kindly go to Chiromo lane medical centre there you will get the help needed
  Published  12th Sep 2019 at 12:25 pm