Bonga

Hello, I do hope this message finds you well. I don't know where to start but I will try. I lost one leg above the knee 8 years ago. What followed were many surgeries and many hospital admissions. I spent almost an accumulated 5 years in hospital. I received a prosthetic leg a few years back but picking up my life since then has been an uphill battle. Getting a job has been hard and I find myself on most days googling how to commit suicide! I know it's not right but that's where my mind is right now. I turn 40 in a few months' time and I feel like it's too late for me to start life over. So much hopelessness and depression. I just can't seem to see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel. I go to bed everyday wishing I don't get up. Who does that? I know I have a lot to be grateful for, to live for but the things am constantly thinking of are leading me a very bad path. How does one get rid of such thoughts?

Published  4th Sep 2021 at 5:00 pm

Hello

Published  5th Sep 2021 at 8:29 pm

Hello, I'm not a certified psychologist or counsellor but may be I can share my thoughts. You see, in life, we face different battles... And trust me, whatever you are going through right now, you are able to overcome. Yes, you can do it. You can start over again and build a beautiful life .....there are moments when you will feel low and like giving up ...feel it but don't dwell on it....just keep going....

Published  5th Sep 2021 at 9:05 pm

Hello, I'm not a certified psychologist or counsellor but may be I can share my thoughts. You see, in life, we face different battles... And trust me, whatever you are going through right now, you are able to overcome. Yes, you can do it. You can start over again and build a beautiful life .....there are moments when you will feel low and like giving up ...feel it but don't dwell on it....just keep going....

Published  5th Sep 2021 at 9:06 pm

Don't commit suicide. I can only imagine how painful it is. However, don't give up. Nowadays work has moved to digital. I think you can highly benefit from learning digital skills in marketing, software engineering, product management or data science. I have heard of a school called Jenga School that teaches all these and I think you can go there and talk to someone and I think they can work something out coz they are very good people. Another one is called Moringa School. Please do check these out.

Whatever the situation is, don't quit coz you know you gotta keep it moving!

Published