Bonga

Hello. I am 32 years old and recently moved in with a friend who is slightly older than me. I always felt like the friend was the best I could ever ask for but living together has only gone to expose the real person.

Always in the negative and interjecting everything I share. Saying its not possible or it can't work. The friend in question can never speak to people of low incomes or jobs. Speaks English always and pretends not to know Kiswahili or any other language.

Always demeaning people. Can never do anything for you. Never cooks at home or can't but readily eats when I do.

I am currently seeing someone but the friend doesn't like me dating and wants me to be single like they are. Never approved of my love nor my partner

I want to move away and be on my own where I can affirm my small wins.

Is it OK to kill the friendship?

Published  29th Jul 2020 at 8:53 am

Kill off the friendship like yesterday, you can't live your life under their shade. Human beings are selfish and people don't change.

Published  29th Jul 2020 at 11:03 am

Kill it without thinking twice. Thank me later.

Published  30th Jul 2020 at 1:58 am

That's the livin breathing THING THANG you should run AWAY FROM not walk.... RUN... DON'T EVEN SHOW UP FOR BIRTHDAYS N SHIT..

Published  30th Jul 2020 at 6:37 pm
Inuka Wellness ExpertInuka Wellness Kenya
Hello,  from what you have outlined about your friend,  it seems you already feel that they are not good for you.  They are demeaning to people,  not supportive of your quest in love and relationship, not supportive of your ideas etc..  Ask yourself,  with all that you know about this friend, what would happen if they continued being in your life? 
What would happen if you ended this friendship? Judging by what your answer is to both those questions,  you can now decide if your life is better with this friendship or without. 
But remember,  for the sake of your mental wellness,  you deserve to be around someone who is positive and supportive and makes you feel good about yourself. 
  Published