Bonga

I hate my in-laws!!! I mean I’m no saint but gosh the way I’ve been treated....honestly all I’ve ever had is good intentions with them & ive always tried to impress & be accepted but they ALWAYS Have something negative to say over the pettiest of things,and it’s not even to my face nobody has ever pulled me aside and mentioned whatever has “offended “them and I’ve been with my man for about 7 years so....,,,the mum is just a manipulative attention seeker and the sister is just a spoiled brat!!!!I am tired I always end up feeling like shit about myself and drained after interacting with them

Published  29th Jul 2020 at 9:33 am

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your pain. I can't imagine what it feels like to be in such situations. It can be draining, feeling low, and having anxiety and stressed over the way you are being treated. I will advice you find a marriage counselor to share your feelings, you will get help. Find a someone to talk to. Being a toxic environment as you have described it, it is draining.

Published  29th Jul 2020 at 11:39 am
Inuka Wellness ExpertInuka Wellness Kenya
Hello we understand how draining it can be dealing with that kind of negativity and especially from people who are close to you. You have mentioned that you try your best but you are still met with hostility,  unfortunately there is nothing much you can do to change other people.  However, you could try sharing your experience with your man to see if he can intervene in any way.  If you have said that you have been with him for 7 years,  congratulations.  Maybe focus on the positive and protect yourself from the negativity your in-laws bring you by limiting your interaction with them.  You could discuss this with your man and come up with something that works. 
Your piece of mind and happiness are important.  We hope you are able to figure a way to protect them even when around your in-laws.  All the best 
  Published