Bonga
This is part of my story. Have been in a relationship for over 8yrs. I used to be employed with a stable job n stable income. But late on in life things changed courses. I used to be able to provide wherever possible n my boyfriend was very supportive. However when I was no longer able to provide life took a different turn. During the years there was infidelity n a lot of emotional abuse. I prayed about it n told myself that relationships aren’t supposed to be rosy but ups n downs. My fault I should have acted on the many red flags that were there but I kept on hopping for the best. After confrontation this year I was told that I am no longer relevant n it’s time I pack my belongings coz I am unable to contribute on a stable scale. He is well off but I who is trying to make ends meet realized am not good enough n soo after all those years
here I am starting life all over with nearly zero 
Not sure where to begin life but somehow it seems to be my fault. There emotional pain is evident that I can easily go into depression I am not a robot to forget years of being with someone but it also seems I was replaced with a better newer version of a human. I think my journey in life begins now. Many mistakes n many lessons learned. 
  Published  28th Nov 2019 at 11:33 am
Joseph KinyanjuiCounseling Psychologist
Hi.  Hang in there.  What has happened to you is really unfair but your know what, it is better you know the kind of person you were sharing your life with.  He does not deserve you.  Since you are a hard working individual, other chances will materialize and you will begin to build your life.  Hopefully with your experience, your will, this time round, hookup with a person who appreciates your worth.  The other man did not deserve and one day he will miss love and devotion he let go so casually.
  Published  29th Nov 2019 at 4:47 pm

Thank you Joseph...I have learnt the hard way n am trying to look at the situation at hand as a learning experience n also growth for me.But the thoughts still linger n I find tears running down my face.The pain will only be healed by time n acceptance.

Published  30th Nov 2019 at 11:43 am

Just take it one day at a time. Use the 'alone' time to get to know yourself, nurture yourself and take care of yourself. When this really kicks in, you will get to a place of solitude, where you actually appreciates the times you are alone. When this happens, you will be ready for a relationship- and this time round it will be a meaningful one because you will not allow anyone to take you for granted.

Published  3rd Dec 2019 at 9:40 pm