Bonga

I'm done, I don't know how to deal with my narcissistic father.

Published  7th Jun 2019 at 8:55 pm

Hi Paul, this will sound cliché but maybe they're just doing what they think is best and unfortunately, that's acting as a hindrance rather than a solution and stepping stone. Get one person who you can talk to freely and without judgement.. Someone who will have your back irregardless and open up to them about how the "actions" are stressing the relationship you have. Other times peoples reaction isn't based on you but on their own insecurities being projected onto you.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90%your reaction.. You allow the impact others have on you. Know yourself, forgive yourself, be 

Published  10th Jun 2019 at 7:20 pm

There are resources online on how to cope with narcissistic relationships of any kind...The only reason we don’t deal with them though is we may be so used to them sponging of our energy that when you decide to step back you may miss the bad behavior. It’s hard to deal however you can do it!

Published  6th Jul 2019 at 3:38 am
G
Gathoni.M.MbuguaChiromo Lane Medical Center (CLMC) - Clinical Psychologists
Good Morning,

Dealing with anybody narcissistic can be very draining emotionally, I can only imagine what you are going through.
Sometimes you may find that you can never be able to change him persay, as even bring this to his attention may cause more conflict. I don't know how old you are, however, if you are of age, you can find a way of making a plan to leave home, E.g get your education in check, and start making a plan to be independent.

If you are younger, you may need to look for way to cope with the narcissistic projected behavior, e.g. Through compliance or avoiding situation that may lead to gaslighting, teaching yourself to compartmentalize.
  Published  6th Jul 2019 at 9:24 am