Bonga

I get suicidal thoughts and never acted on them once. My trigger is when I'm alone, the feeling starts with intense sadness that I can't shake off, I have tried meditating and positive thoughts but it's not working

Published  14th Oct 2020 at 8:09 pm

Thanks for reaching out. There is need to identify the stressor. When you are alone... What are your thoughts processes? The feeling of sadness will only come as a result of the thought processes in your mind. If you are able to identify exactly what the trigger is, then it will be easier to find a way to navigate through the issues. Please find a professional to talk to or a someone you trust that can be of help to you.

Published  15th Oct 2020 at 12:04 am

Hello! I affirm you for sharing your situation. Suicidal ideation is a term used to describe when a person wants to take their own life or thinks about suicide. It can occur when a person feels that they are no longer able to cope with an overwhelming situation. Is this the case for you? It can also be a symptom of a mental disorder such as depression or bipolar disorder. You mention that your trigger is when you are alone with a feeling of intense sadness that you can't seem to shake off inspite having tried meditation and thinking positively. This must be hard for you. How long have you been feeling like this? Can you identify the cause for this sadness? Are you on any type of medication? Do you use alcohol? What you are going through is serious but you can get treatment. I suggest you find a therapist who will make a proper diagnosis and help you explore the issues that make you feel suicidal and learn skills to help manage emotions more effectively. You and your therapist can work together to develop a treatment plan and goals.

Published  15th Oct 2020 at 2:03 pm
Inuka Wellness ExpertInuka Wellness Kenya
Hello,thank you for opening up.  Often when we have bad thoughts it's because we want the pain to stop. If i heard you correctly, these thoughts comes only when you are alone,i wonder what comes to your mind when alone. Would you like to talk more about this, please go to play store download the app inuka wellness,do a well being test and book yourself a session,all this for free. Use voucher code Bonga 2020,we have mental well ness experts in waiting, anywhere anytime.
Thank you
  Published  16th Oct 2020 at 1:42 pm