Bonga

I seem to have lost the will to do literally anything, I am always tired and feel as though they are no meaning to anything. I hate going out even to the store to get anything, I rarely interact with anyone, is this okay? why I'm I always unmotivated and sad all the time? alcohol is the only thing that seems to help me cope of late, I hate it here!

Published  21st Jun 2021 at 10:53 am

I really do relate to what you are going through. I really wish there was a way we could find an online support community

Published  21st Jun 2021 at 6:29 pm

Hi there, I'm sorry that you feel this way. I have a feeling that there is more to what you are going through and I hope you can be able to talk about it. However, let's start with baby steps in place of alcohol how about a cup of hot chocolate and journal every single thing that comes to your mind. Where is all started, how you got here. There is a type of meditation called loving kindness, start with 5 minutes and then move on from there. Somewhere in your life you have a friend or a family member, reach out and tell them how you are feeling there is a strong chance they don't know what is going on and would love to be with you. We are social creatures and our social bonds grow stronger when someone needs our help. That voice in your head that tells you negative things, as much as it is trying to look out for you, needs a redirection. You are safe, you are loved and you are worthy. I think that it is bold of you to reach out in an anonymous space for help.

Published  22nd Jun 2021 at 1:42 pm

Hello! I hear you. You seem to have lost the will to do anything. Unmotivated and sad all the time. How long have you felt like this? You may be slipping into a depression. You are now self medicating using alcohol as a way to cope with the unpleasant feelings that you're currently experiencing. This is dangerous as you could develop alcohol dependency in the long run.

I'd like to encourage you to see a therapist to help you work on what it is that is bothering you and help you develop healthy ways of coping with the situation. Sharing here is the first step and let me affirm you for doing so. Now take that second step and you'll be on your way to reclaiming back your joy and purpose.

All the best.

Published  24th Jun 2021 at 3:32 pm

Thank you all for your kind words, It feels good to be understood and not judged for once, People around me think I'm ungrateful but it feels good to know that what I'm feeling is valid and deserves to be addressed. I went through a difficult divorce in late 2019 and since then I have not been able to recover, one day I'm okay the next I want to die. Everyone around me thinks it's been too long and that I should now move on but for some reason I'm not able to. It got worse when I found out my ex is married. That's when I hit rock bottom, don't get me wrong I don't want him back but the loss is still very real for me and I'm beyond shuttered.

Published  25th Jun 2021 at 7:36 am

Don’t worry you’ll eventually get over it. You’ll find another life to live. Healing has no timeline but trust me it does eventually happen. Just try engage yourself in fun activities. Let’s say having a to do list of activities before your next birthday. But first start by having a positive mind with positive thoughts. Replace alcohol slowly to something like a cocktail to juice.., slowly and slowly and tell your mind you can do it. Also engage. Maybe even try finding a friends with benefits for your sexual needs too. ( if you’re comfortable with such) and remember you are valid and loved.

Published  29th Jun 2021 at 1:46 pm

Take as much time as you need, just be honest with yourself, remember that you are primarily answerable to yourself!

So what if it is taking you longer than society is comfortable with (it has taken me 5 years and counting so far) So what if your state of mind makes sense to no one else but you (screw them, this is about you NOT them).

I have recently found myself moving away from this stage because I force myself to interact with humans at least once a day and found a fwb to get the edge off. And by and by, I've found that I am.starting to care less and less about what other people will think. There is freedom in that 🙂 there is power, and I am reclaiming mine so I can get back to living my life and not just watching it go by

Published  7th Jul 2021 at 5:10 am