Bonga

I am dissatisfied with my day job, I don't feel fulfilled. I feel I should be pursuing something else but I feel I'm here wasting time daily. The only reason am still here is because I need to get my daily bread, otherwise I'd be gone long ago. It has even got to the point of feeling depressed, not good enough, useless and wasteful. How would you advise such a person?

Published  8th Nov 2019 at 2:12 pm

I can imagine how frustrating it can be feeling stuck in a non-fulfilling job which also makes your ends meet. It may help to set some small goals as to how to feel more fulfilled in your work. For instance you may think about going back to school, volunteering in the area you are interested in in order to gain some competence and experience, this can be in your current job or as a side effort. All the best buddy

Published  9th Nov 2019 at 4:40 pm
Jane NasiekuClinical Psychology-USIU
Hello, it's always good to focus on the positive bits in your life at the moment, however insignificant they may seem to be, something as simple as been healthy, been able to go to work, as you figure out  the way forward to bring a shift on the issues that make you feel dissatisfied. 
  Published  13th Nov 2019 at 6:07 pm